Lauren Jensen McGinnis is a Professional Triathlon Coach from Muskego, Wisconsin. She combines her knowledge as a Physical Therapist with over 30 years of coaching experience, making her one of the premier Certified USAT Coaches in the country. As the Owner and Head Coach of Tri Faster, Coach Lauren leads workouts and clinics throughout Southeastern Wisconsin and the Chicagoland area, and she provides Online Coaching to athletes throughout the World.
Lauren is a caring and compassionate Coach who loves the sport of Triathlon. She makes it her mission to help athletes achieve goals beyond what they initially feel is possible. With her Physical Therapy training, Lauren coaches from a unique point of reference allowing her to quickly identify an athlete’s abilities and create a plan to ensure their success.
Coach Lauren leads by example. She has competed in over 400 Triathlons since 1985, learning many lessons that make her such an effective Coach. She has coached over 3000 multi-sport athletes from beginners through Professional Triathletes since 1993, and has instructed countless swimmers since 1985. Her style is to share in the adventure with the athletes that she coaches, acting as a true partner in their fitness and training journey.
Having come back from a devastating accident in 2010 where she lost her friend and training partner, Lauren has mastered what it takes to overcome adversity and excel despite setbacks. This coaching mindset is the foundation behind her success in leading over 250 Cancer Survivors to the start and the finish-line of their first triathlon, as well as assisting numerous athletes in rebuilding themselves after setbacks including injury, medical challenges and other adversities. This is also the optimistic attitude that Lauren adopted as she self-coached herself to winning a World Championship title at the 2018 ITU Age Group Sprint Triathlon World Championships, only 9 months after having knee surgery.
Whether you are just beginning your fitness journey or you are an experienced competitor, Coach Lauren can help you. She has an unmatched ability accurately assess your current fitness level, identify your strengths and limiters, and provide the guidance you need to achieve your goals. As a Physical Therapist and movement specialist, Coach Lauren uses her unique experience and expertise to assist you in ways far beyond what other Triathlon Coaches can offer.
Contact Coach Lauren at email@example.com or 414-430-2467.
Coach Lauren’s Athletic Career Highlights
Coach Lauren is welcoming, knowledgeable and enthusiastic Coach who leads by example. Since 1985 Coach Lauren has competed in over 400 multi-sport events including Triathlons from Sprint to Ironman distances, Duathlon, Aquathon, and Aquabike events all over the globe. Career Highlights include:
- 2018 ITU Age Group Sprint Triathlon World Champion – Australia
- 2015 ITU Age Group Sprint Triathlon Silver Medalist – Chicago
- 2018 USAT Overall Female International Aquabike National Champion
2018 USAT Age Group Aquathon National Champion
- 2016 & 2017 – USAT Sprint Triathlon Age Group National Champion
- 2004 – USAT Pro/Elite Overall Female Long Course Triathlon National Champion
- 2003 – USAT Pro/Elite Overall Female Duathlon National Champion
Olympic Trials Competitor
- 2000 – Competed in the first ever Team USA Olympic Trial for Triathlon
- 1991-2010 – Competed in eleven Ironman events – including three Hawaii Ironman races
- 2004 & 2005 – Second Overall Female at Ironman Wisconsin
- 2005 – Third Overall Female at Ironman Brazil in 9:49
- 1993 – 2010 – Raced for 17 years as a Professional Triathlete, while balancing Parenthood, Physical Therapy School and Career pursuits
- Overall Female Champion at 200+ Multisport events
- Personal bests – Marathon – 3:02, Ironman – 9:49, Olympic distance Triathlon – sub 2 hours, Sprint Triathlon (750 swim, 20K Bike, 5K Run) – sub 59 minutes